Bankers’ Bank of the West (BBW) is a state-chartered bank located in a beautiful office suite on the 27th floor of a downtown Denver high-rise. Founded in 1980, BBW provides essential products and services to 250 community bank clients in the western states and Great Plains region.
BBW offers a competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability; HSA with employer contribution; paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time; and employer-paid RTD bus/light rail passes. Our 401(k) Plan includes employer matching on employee deferrals, an additional employer match, and immediate vesting.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. As opportunities arise that may be a match, BBW will consider your qualifications for one year after submission.
Thank you for your interest in BBW.
SENIOR IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SENIOR IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Senior IT Support Specialist will provide quality hardware and software support to BBW internal and external customers and assist with general technical questions. This position requires performing the full range of work assigned, allowing for some independence and initiative, on a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing and troubleshooting, project tasks, vendor support, communication, and research, and serves as the principal contact for Tier 2 support questions. The successful candidate will have the potential for growth and training by demonstrating a willingness to learn, including obtaining applicable certifications and pursuing additional education directed by the bank, and adapting to the technical and regulatory nature of financial institutions. This position also supports Information Security and may assist with project tasks, vendor support, communication, and research.
- Provide support at a Tier 1 and 2 level for bank information technology systems to internal and external customers via phone, email, video conferencing, and in-person
- Assist, support and collaborate with Information Technology and Information Security staff with projects as needed
- System administration with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2+, Office 365, Azure, VMWare
- Administration of software, both off-the-shelf and internally developed
- Communication with, and support of, all levels of the organization
- Manage and utilize internal software and maintain access control
- Documentation of processes, procedures and events
- Asset management
- 3-5 years of related experience, education may substitute for some experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2+, Office 365, SQL, Active Directory, Azure, VMWare, Adobe Acrobat, and multiple web browsers
- Hands-on experience with workstation hardware, mobile devices and peripherals
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting hardware and software
- Network, system and security understanding
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask work and complete deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate and teach effectively with all levels of the organization and to varied technology expertise levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- Project management
- Significant Microsoft product knowledge
- Telecom or VoIP systems
- Compliance/Regulatory experience
- Funds transfer experience
- Banking and accounting knowledge
- Professional high-rise office in a secure suite in downtown Denver, Colo.
- Primary hours : 6 AM – 3 PM Mon-Fri. Working hours may vary between 6 AM – 5 PM Mon-Fri with limited on-call weekend hours
- Work alone occasionally (other employees not at worksite)
- Some remote work may be available