Bankers’ Bank of the West is a correspondent community bank (other banks are our customers). With increased regulations and security for financial institutions, we need people who can help us in our growth as a business and as a leader in community banking. Founded in 1980, Bankers’ Bank of the West provides essential products and services to 250 community bank clients in the western states and Great Plains region.
We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; HSA with generous employer contribution; 10 paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time; and employer paid RTD light rail/bus passes. Our 401(k) Plan includes 7.5% employer matching/contributions and immediate vesting.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. As opportunities arise that may be a match, we will consider your qualifications for one year after submission.
Thank you for your interest in Bankers’ Bank of the West.
Job Description: Software Developer
The Software Developer is responsible for creating new web-based applications and performing the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of internal custom programming utilizing development best practices. This position will determine and identify the high-level function and technical requirements based on interactions with the users and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Development and implementation of moderate to complex applications on one or more platforms is necessary.
- Create new software and applications as needed for internal and external users.
- Maintain legacy software and applications and convert to current platforms as applicable.
- Perform break-fix tasks on software and applications as needed.
- Resolve software and application efficiency problems.
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
- Utilize best practices to complete testing and requirements.
- Seven (7) years of related work experience (education may substitute for experience).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desired: Containers and Microservices, DevSecOps, Salesforce
- Experience with networking and inter-process communication preferred.
- Significant Microsoft product knowledge preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, customer service, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a small team environment.
- Ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Software detailed design and programming skills using current standards, tools, and best practices.
- Experience developing user interfaces, applications, and databases.
- Ability to dissect code and problem-solve.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and apply new software skills and adapt as necessary to the evolving technical and regulatory nature of the bank.
- Ability to communicate and teach effectively across all levels of the organization with users of varied technology expertise levels.
- Banking or financial services industry knowledge desired.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Professional high-rise office in a secure suite in downtown Denver, CO. Remote work may be available.
- Working hours may vary between 6:00 AM–5:00 PM MT, Monday–Friday, with extended or weekend hours as necessary for critical matters.
- Extended periods of computer usage.