Bankers’ Bank of the West (BBW) is a community bank service provider (other banks are our customers). With increased regulations and security for financial institutions, we need people who can help us in our growth as a business and as a leader in community banking. Founded in 1980, BBW provides essential products and services to 250 community bank clients in the western states and Great Plains region.
We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance; HSA with generous employer contribution; 11 paid holidays, and vacation, sick and personal time off. Our 401(k) Plan includes 7.5% employer matching/contributions and immediate vesting.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. As opportunities arise that may be a match, we will consider your qualifications for one year after submission.
Thank you for your interest in Bankers’ Bank of the West.
VP - CORRESPONDENT SERVICES - LOANS (COMMERCIAL LENDER/RELATIONSHIP MANAGER)
Develop loan participation business with community banks in Colorado as well as promote other correspondent services focusing on cash management/deposit services, card services, and safekeeping. This VP – Correspondent Services – Loans (commercial lender/relationship manager) position involves expanding business with existing clients and developing new client relationships while being exceptionally responsiveness to client needs. Primary contacts will be bank presidents, lenders, CFO’s, cashiers, and operations officers.
- Manage and grow relationships with community banks and develop new relationships
- Manage an existing loan portfolio consisting of loan participations and bank stock loans
- Develop new loan participation and bank stock loan business
- Review, prepare written analysis, and recommend decisions on loans
- Provide and maintain quality service to banks originating loans
- Maintain adequate records to provide a good audit trail from which management and regulatory reports can be originated
- Maintain high quality of loan portfolio by monitoring loan grades, past due loans, maturing loans, credit quality, and documentation exceptions
- Market other correspondent services including but not limited to settlement services, cash letter processing, ACH origination, domestic and international wires, international currency, domestic currency, fed funds/EBA, ATM/Debit, merchant services, and safekeeping
- Schedule, visit, and document 100+ bank calls per year in Colorado and attend local bank conferences
- Minimum of five years in a banking environment with sound real estate, commercial, and ag lending experience
- College degree required with emphasis in finances preferred
- Must have strong underwriting skills in a variety of loan types, such as Commercial RE, C&I and Ag lending preferred
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to discuss all facets of banking and develop professional relationships with executive level bankers
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills including software applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with Salesforce CRM, GoTo Meeting, Concur, Acculoan, and WebEquity a plus.
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- Home-based office located in Colorado
- Requires training in downtown Denver office loan department as needed
- Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Significant travel required including day trips with some overnight travel
- Extended periods of computer and telephone usage